Wednesday 2 November 2011

EMBROIDERY HOOPS


I love that embroidery hoops have become popular wall hangings over the last few years. The possibilities are endless with them! I decided to make a set of pinboards in our little entrance way. It was a great way for me to add a splash of colour as I tend to get stuck in a black/cream/wooden colour scheme around the house.






I cut circles out of softboard to fit in the hoops and covered it with fabric. It's as simple as that! You could also use sheets of corkboard with some polystyrene behind it. I've been adding little printouts of artwork I like and notes with the typewritter.








9 comments:

  1. That is really pretty. And you can change the fabrics whenever you want to?

    regards from germany, Grete

    www.was-macht-grete.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Grete, changing the fabrics would be easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these! btw, what font are you using on your banner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. just kidding, it's probably hand-written right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are super cool and creative. i also would like to buy these. it has been too long since ive been to your house. :-(

    -Llama

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for commenting! -Tori xx