Tuesday 27 December 2011

THE TREE





This year I wanted to "make" my own tree... It didn't exactly turn out the way I planned but it was a good learning experience! I ended up taking a dead branch from the side of the road (which makes for a really cheap tree!) It had obviously been dead for quite some time as it was really brittle and keep breaking... annoying. But I made do. It wasn't the shape I was going for but it had this amazing moss growing all over it which I was quite keen on. Anyway, this is what I ended up with. Once the fairy lights were on and the presents underneath it looked festive enough :)




I also tried to make my wrapping look a but more rustic to match the tree. I used feathers, buttons, old books, raffia and mail paper. I also used Rob Ryans "And I Walked Tape" which was a hit. More photos of our Christmas day to come soon... Happy Holidays everyone!

5 comments:

  1. your tree is so similar to my tree! my mom has gotten very into the alternative christmas tree thing and this year we had a poplar branch covered in tiny colorful vintage ornaments. yours looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning. the presents look too amazing to open! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's wonderful to see all vintage ornaments together! You did a wonderful job finishing them and now you have so many pretty vintage ornaments to hang on the tree. Wonderful tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for commenting! -Tori xx